Prudential makes mobile marketing move
Hong Kong - Prudential Corporation Asia has dipped its toes into the mobile marketing arena, launching a free application to drive discussion around the importance of retirement planning.
Prudential claims to be the first insurance company in Asia to launch a mobile phone application as a marketing platform to reach out to consumers.
The "What's Your Number?" Retirement Calculator is available for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch at the iTunes App Store. A Facebook application has also been created for web users. It allows users to calculate the savings they need to enjoy a retirement based on their selected lifestyle.
Julie Lyle, chief marketing officer at Prudential Corporation Asia, said the mobile move builds on the company's focus to engage customers across all digital platforms.
"Through this new application, Prudential aims to drive greater awareness and discussion about the importance of retirement planning and retirement needs, and there is no better way to connect with consumers than through an innovative medium that resonates with their changing lifestyle," she said.
"At Prudential, we are seeking to leverage digital platforms to reach out to our prospects and customers, as well as empower our agents."
Sean Rach, Prudential's director of digital media & corporate events, added that more digital products would be available soon"We will be developing applications to support additional services and mobile devices in the future," Rach said.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Prudential Corporation Asia
Prudential Corporation Asia Related Stories:
- TCOB Media strips down for Prudential
- Marketing shake-up at Prudential
- Prudential steps up in kids market
- Prudential takes strong Asia focus
- Prudential expands Urbanec's role
- Prudential animates finance for kids
- Prudential expands PR roster with FD
- The rise and rise of social media
- Prudential moves on Asia's growth markets
- UM wins AIA regional media business
- Prudential: Winning consumer trust
- Prudential's aggressive hiring spree continues