Siemens steps up supply chain
Global - Siemens is making supply chain improvements with a new partnership with Barloworld Supply Chain Software.
Barloworld will provide the technological company with supply chain modeling, network design and optimisation, Purcon reports.
Siemens intends to centralise its supply chain network globally, a step further from optimising supply on a national or regional basis.
Ewan French, CEO of Barloworld Supply Chain Software says, "The ability for Siemens to model its supply chain centrally will offer the opportunity to simplify what is an extremely complex network - and in doing so reduce cost."
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Get your marketing department up to speed with Asia's most read marketing site
Siemens Related Stories:
- Siemens and Samsonite in CSR push
- Siemens expands oil & gas reach
- Siemens boosts R&D in Western China
- Six shops chase SEC's global media account
- Over 1,700 Siemens employees walk
- Siemens picks Hoffman as AOR
- Siemens pumps cash into manufacturing
- Siemens bags wind turbine orders
- Siemens reveals what clothes want
- Siemens plant to create SC jobs
- Siemens AG to cut 1,400 more jobs
- Siemens to trim suppliers
- Emerson calls on ex-Siemens Malaysia SVP
- Siemens to increase Asia sourcing
- Siemens has first woman on board
- supperclub chooses Icon
- How healthy is your workforce?
- Siemens to axe 17,200 staff by 2010
- Skilled workers wanted in Europe
- DHL lands global freight contract from Siemens