Visa hits YouTube for creative goal shout
Hong Kong – Visa is inviting football fans around the world to share their passionate and humorous goal shouts on the newly launched Go Fans YouTube channel.
Inspired by Argentinean sportscaster Andrés Cantor (pictured) who is famous for his long and passionate goal shout ‘Goooal!’, the campaign invites fans to create their own goal call. Cantor will also provide an online tutorial on perfecting the Goooal shout and post his own goal call video on the channel.
Fans can view and submit videos from now to 11 July to win weekly prizes including Visa gift cards and the grand prize of a trip to the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil.
Throughout the campaign period, celebrities including NBA star from Canada Steve Nash, former football player from Mexico Jorge Campos and football player from Japan Tulio will film and upload their best goal call videos to encourage participation.
Sunny Cheung, country manager Hong Kong and Macau of Visa, said: “Our aim with Go Fans is to capture the unique passion of soccer fans and provide them an outlet to express their nationalistic pride.”
Cheung added that this represents the latest extensions of Visa’s first-ever global FIFA themed marketing campaign, offering soccer fans another way to express their true colours.
Other than the YouTube channel, Visa has also released the Visa Match Planner application earlier this month that allows users to create personal World Cup viewing schedules and share it with friends via social networks including Facebook.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Visa International
Visa International Related Stories:
- Visa launches payment solution for traders
- Compass Visa supports Earth Hour
- Compass Visa to make CSR fun
- Visa targets smartphone payments
- Are we ready for contact-less payment?
- Visa makes most of the Olympics
- Tourism Board invests $27m in summer push
- Stylo shifts gears with Fashion Grand Prix
- Visa appoints Proximity for digital duties
- Lonely Planet & Visa make travel easy
- Visa brings security sense to Hong Kong
- Visa aims to cash in on tourism boom
- China launches self-regulation code
- Visa's APAC marketing head quits
- Visa spills YOG spirit with campaign
- Visa bets on digital product for branding
- Visa "Go Fans" goes social
- Visa joins Times Square for football fun
- Visa's FIFA World Cup campaign underway
- Up the ranks: Jan '10