Fairfax appoints new regional manager
- Fairfax Media Asia appoints Hobson as regional manager
- Replaces regional manager Andrew Smart
- Assumes overall publishing responsibilities
Singapore - Fairfax Media has appointed Mark Hobson (pictured) as regional manager of Fairfax Business Media Asia, replacing Andrew Smart with immediate effect.
Smart is currently considering a move to the Financial Review Group under Fairfax Media in Sydney after successfully launching the leading IT enterprise site in Asia and integrating the IDG-licensed titles into the Asia business' product suite. Initially, he will be consulting to the Asia business to ensure a smooth transition
Hobson will assume the role of publisher for the business and will lead the growth of its digital properties across Asia. He will be based in Fairfax Business Media's Singapore office and report to the Financial Review Group strategy director, Narelle Leong.
Previously, Hobson was on a short term online consulting contract with UK-based GTA Advertising based in the UK. Prior to that, he was head of online for IDG Communications where he was responsible for P&L for 11 websites. He worked closely with the IDG titles in Singapore, running a number of regional programs from Sydney.
Michael Gill, Fairfax Media Financial Review Group CEO said, Hobson's proven online expertise will be a great asset for the Asia business.
"I am confident that Mark will bring a keen digital sales perspective to the position and drive our strategy of a strengthened footprint in the growing Asian market," he said.
Fairfax Business Media Asia is part of Australia's Fairfax Media which owns titles such as the Australian Financial Review, Business Review Weekly, The Sydney Morning Herald, The Melbourne Age and The Canberra Times.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Fairfax Business Media
Fairfax Business Media Related Stories:
- News rejigs ops, job cuts expected
- Asia untouched by Fairfax job slashes
- Fairfax slashes jobs to keep up
- Billionaire Rinehart ups Fairfax stakes
- Fairfax launches four web portals
- Fairfax to expand digital across Asia
- Navigating the Enterprise IT landscape
- Online Media of the Year: IT News No. 6 Computerworld Singapore
- Fairfax sees Saw off, search for replacement on