Google unveils web TV offering
Olivia Solon, Cream Global
Global - Google has unveiled an interface for web-based television.
The Google TV platform is driven by search and easy access to content, integrating web browsing and standard TV content into a Google Chrome-powered platform.
Google imagines the TV as more than just a TV, acting as a hub for gaming, photo viewing, TV and internet content. The focus is to find an easier way to navigate through entertainment of all sorts.
Users will be able to search for and navigate both TV and online content and download and run Android apps. Users will also be able to control their TV via their Android mobile device.
Google is currently working with Sony and Logitech to develop compatible television sets, and Google TV will also be available through separate hardware boxes that connect to existing sets.
Developers can now start working on Google TV projects and the product will be available to US consumers towards the end of 2010, with aggressive international expansion planned for 2011.
- Google Inc
Google Inc Related Stories:
- Google PH aims to democratise marketing
- UA&P wins Google challenge
- Google's DoubleClick gets more sophisticated
- FOMA Focus: David Bebko, Google
- YouTube gets local in the Philippines
- FOMA Focus: Big name sponsors get on board
- Google: Making mobile ads better
- Google's next chance to get it right
- Google interests advertisers
- Google scores high in corporate reputation
- Google beats Microsoft in brand ranking
- Google jumps in on the subscription biz
- Robbie Hills joins Google
- Google's CEO Eric Schmidt to step down
- Google now finds markets for you
- Google Zeitgeist reveals entertainment slant
- Salesforce.com's Cooper joins Google
- Kunze switches over to Google
- Omnicom, Google ink deal
- Miss Universe Malaysia shows online form