Audi's efficient approach to movie-making
Canada - Audi is asking Canadians to re-write cinematic classics in 140 characters or less as part of an online ad campaign from Lowe Roche that promotes the efficiency of the new 2010 A3 TDI model.
While banner ads direct online users to EfficientFilms.ca-where they can add their own synopsis of their favourite movie-Geoffrey Roche, chief creative officer at Lowe Roche, said the effort is also spreading virally.
"We're getting lots of hits," the majority of which are favourable, he said. However, one car blogger complained that the campaign is "ruining movies," laughed Roche.
"There will always be one or two [critics] like that," he said.
Here are a few samples from the site:
- Airplane: An ex-pilot with a drinking problem gets on aplane. The crew falls ill. Surely he can land it. But don't call him Shirley.
- Avatar: Humans try to obtain Unobtainium. Unsurprisingly,they don't get any.
- The Wizard of Oz: Dorothy learns why girls loveshoes.
- Groundhog Day: Bill Murray wakes up. Bill Murray wakesup. Bill Murray wakes up. Bill Murray wakes up.
The campaign "takes advantage of Twitter and forces people to tell a story in 140 characters," said Roche.
The Audi A3 TDI is incredibly efficient and "our campaign duplicates that approach to efficiency by allowing people to have fun while practicing being efficient," he said.
Audi Related Stories:
- Audi looks for new agency
- Audi Fashion Festival gets digitally savvy
- Audi's ironclad branding efforts get underway
- Audi plays in the park
- Audi Fashion Festival back for the fifth year
- Audi ups branding effort in China
- Audi finds its way with Google
- DHL does more, Audi picks supplier
- Audi goes on 3D roadshow across China
- BCA on agency hunt, Audi promotes new cars
- Audi: Engaging a new breed of consumers
- Audi drives launch with AR
- Audi pulls off group buying deal
- Case Study: Audi
- Audi appeals to its audience through taste
- Audi A6 aims to change the game
- Online gets bigger share of the marketing pie
- Audi to build manufacturing unit in US
- Audi launches outdoor push for its events
- Audi appoints local digital partner