Grey boosts activation marketing with Star Echo Group acquisition
National - Grey Group has acquired a 51percent stake in Star Echo Group, a China-based marketing services outfit, subject to regulatory approval.
Co-founded in 2000 by Jingjing Wang and Allen Yao, Star Echo provides activation, design and sourcing services across 150 cities in China and employs over 300 people with offices in Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, and other main cities. Its clients include Procter & Gamble, Dongfeng Nissan, Amway and Warner Brothers.
In a recent collaboration with Grey Group's activation marketing arm, G2, and Star Echo have won the VISA Olympic assignment and BAT projects.
"This acquisition is totally in line with our aggressive strategy of expanding G2's presence in fast growing markets and deepening its specialized marketing services capabilities in direct marketing, branding and design, interactive and shopper marketing across Asia," Mike Amour, Grey Group's Asia Pacific chairman and CEO said.
Jingjing Wang, founder and president for Star Echo said: "We were attracted to Grey's entrepreneurial culture and global outreach, which will provide us with business opportunities in China and internationally".
- Grey Global Group
Grey Global Group Related Stories:
- JayGrey Sydney hires young talent
- G2rams creates outdoor cinema for Philips
- Green Sense serves up finless Jaws on plate
- Grey branding for Elis across China
- StarWorld names Grey Hong Kong as AOR
- Grey boosts creative with new ECD
- Cancer Fund ad push urges women to check
- Sony Bravia channels Grey
- G2 adds DPI to shopping list
- Grey Delhi appoints associate VP
- Grey Mumbai makes senior appointment
- Grey Group brings Tay on board
- VIDEO: Grey readies for Year of the Tiger
- Grey beefs up regional team
- Yahoo! drives mail usage via talent quest
- Grey Group wins Colorado in Oz
- Grey bags Siam Park City creative account
- Shabaz resurfaces at Grey
- Allianz appoints Grey to global account
- Grey sheds old agency skin, adds Furby