New South Asia GM for BBC Global Channels
Asia - BBC Worldwide Global Channels announced its appointment of Nachiket Pantvaidya as general manager, South Asia - he officially assumes his new role on 11 July.
In his new role, Pantvaidya will lead the Global Channels team in the region and raise awareness of the BBC channel brands; he reports to Christine Leo-McKerrow, SVP, Global Channels Asia Pacific.
"There is enormous opportunity for BBC Global Channels in India and we are delighted to have Nachiket's strengths to build a deep business and to ensure our channels resonate with our audience," Leo-McKerrow said.
Pantvaidya was previously executive director, programming and production with India's Disney Channels - he was there for three years where he managed the localisation of the Disney brand.
- BBC Worldwide Global Channels - Asia
BBC Worldwide Global Channels - Asia Related Stories:
- TEC names MD, EA Mobile picks PR agency
- Aegis hires, TransAsia engages Facebook fans
- BBC promotes Ghai to VP
- BBC boosts profile on StarHub
- Whitehead surfaces at BBC
- BBC’s Leo-McKerrow calls it a day
- BBC makes a song and dance in Hong Kong
- BBC promotes Tan to regional role
- BBC Global pulls out all stops for Top Gear
- BBC HD now on demand
- BBC brings new channels to Indonesia
- CNBC loses Cordeiro to BBC
- Shine On
- BBC extends relationship with PCCW
- BBC Worldwide acquires iconic travel guide
- Big Question - Sep07