McDonald's, 35 and lovin' it
Hong Kong – McDonald’s has launched a 35-day branding campaign titled "lovin’35 The Love Lives On" to celebrate its 35th anniversary in Hong Kong.
With print, outdoor and TV ads, the campaign aims to illustrate McDonald’s family culture and the special moments its employees and customers have shared in the past 35 years.
The first TVC, named “The Love Lives On: Crew”, tells the story of a McDonald’s elderly employee practicing her English and in the end managed to help a foreign customer.
The second, named “The Love Lives On: Family”, features a little boy feeling upset because his parents are too focused on his little sister. His father then cheers him up by telling him he is a big boy and buying him his first Big Mac meal.
Anisa Tio, assistant marketing director of McDonald’s Hong Kong, said the commercial highlights McDonald’s inherent sense of social responsibility to provide equal opportunity and training for all employees.
Irene Tsui, business director of DDB, added that the campaign celebrates the ‘continual love’ and ‘moments of connection’ between people that McDonald’s has brought about in the past 35 years in Hong Kong.
A third TVC will be launched in late March.
Tsui added that a booklet in which McDonald’s executives, directors of the campaign's TVC and celebrities shared their magical moments at the restaurants is being distributed with this week’s Milk magazine.
A minisite has also been set up where customers can upload and share their magical moment stories that happened in McDonald’s. The most touching stories will be shared on local commercial radio channel 903 and appear on outdoor billboards in the city.
As a thank you for its customers, McDonald’s is offering special discounts for 35 days in a row. These promotions are advertised on TV and in print featuring popular singer Eason Chan.
DDB was responsible for the creatives while OMD handled media planning and buying.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- DDB Hong Kong
- McDonald's Restaurants HK Ltd
- OMD Hong Kong
DDB Hong Kong Related Stories:
- Triple treat for Ogilvy, despite shake up
- Let's give Hong Kong the drama it craves
- let's Give Hong Kong the drama it craves
- McD's helps hone Kung Fu Panda skills
- O&M unstoppable at HK AOTY Awards
- HKTDC reconnects with Hong Kong people
- DDB Hong Kong expands creative team
- DDB sweetens with Mars win
- Leo Burnett scoops Grand Kam Fan
- McDonald's opts for sleeker look
- Watsons in Ultimate Beauty Facebook push
- DDB Hong Kong bags major property project
- Omnicom bolster health credentials
- Leo Burnett tops Hong Kong Cannes haul
- Cannes awards Media Lion to Leo Burnett
- Leo Burnett leads HK's Cannes charge
- McDonald's taps Facebook for saucy promo
- Vitasoy drives sales through greeting packs
- VIDEO: HK4As aggressive 2010 strategy
- Lam Soon looks to refresh Knife Oil brand