Unilever confirms media agency roster
Global - Unilever has confirmed the outcome of its global media agency review across 53 countries, splitting the business between the three incumbent groups: WPP, Omnicom and Interpublic.
Laura Klauberg, Unilever vice president global media, said, she was "extremely pleased" with the outstanding portfolio of agencies working for Unilever around the world.
As part of the contract WPP's Mindshare takes the business in 10 countries worldwide including Thailand, India, Canada and the US.
Initiative takes the business in four countries with OMG's PHD agency taking over the business in Poland and Greater China.
The Greater China business which includes China, Hong Kong and Taiwan was previously with Mindshare and Initiative Media.
"The outcome of the review further strengthens Unilever’s position as a leading marketing organisation, and will allow us to reach even more consumers in more effective ways."
Unilever's portfolio of media agencies will reach some 2 billion consumers globally.
"As we increasingly make use of digital and social media, we are confident that we have the best agency partners to help us engage in new ways with the 2 billion consumers whose lives we touch," Klauberg added.
"In addition, greater alignment within our key country clusters will contribute to achieving exceptional results for our business in an increasingly complex and fragmented media environment."
On a global basis, Unilever spends more than US$7 billion a year on advertising and promotions. Worldwide media spending is believed to exceed US$2 billion.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Interpublic Group
- Omnicom Group
Interpublic Group Related Stories:
- IPG agencies join forces, Getty gets onto Twitter
- SABIC picks IPG as global partner
- Harris Diamond to succeed Nick Brien as McCann CEO
- Reprise Media expands nationally
- IPG rebrands OOH agency
- Chevy creates Commonwealth for creative biz
- IPG acquires UK’s Frukt Communications
- No doom or gloom as WPP nets big profits
- IPG realigns Mediabrands, moves Freeman to McCann
- Lowe acquires 303 Advertising
- IPG realigns Mediabrands unit
- Zuji appoints Reprise Media Down Under
- China brands can compete on the global stage
- Lowe Beijing sets expansion plans
- 10% Q2 Revenue Spike for IPG
- APAC online advertising to hit US$12 billion
- IPG upgrades China ad forecasts to US$21bn
- Merck selects IPG team for media biz
- R/GA plots international outposts
- It's Official: IPG Combines Deutsch and Lowe