HKBN expands with Discovery Channels
Hong Kong - Discovery Network is expanding its reach in Hong Kong by partnering with telecommunication service provider Hong Kong Broadband Network.
Six channels from Discovery Network have been launched on HKBN's bbTV pay-TV platform - Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Discovery Science, Discovery Turbo, Discovery Travel & Living and Discovery Home & Health.
HKBN is not selling advertising spots on its bbTV channels for commercial brands, but it will selectively broadcast short clips from charity organisations for free.
Tommy Lin, senior vice president and general manager – North Asia, Discovery Networks Asia Pacific said, “We are delighted with our new partnership with HKBN, where our channels can now reach more homes in Hong Kong through HKBN’s pioneering Fibre Network.”
With this new partnership, bbTV now has more than 100 channels and a subscribership of 158,000 households in Hong Kong. To Wai Bing, HKBN's managing director of business development, said: "We are very confident bbTV will become the key driver for the continuous growth of our overall business and subscriptions.”________________________________________________________________________________________
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Discovery Networks Asia
- Hong Kong Broadband Network
Discovery Networks Asia Related Stories:
- Discovery hands PR duties to Arcis
- Blumer cooks up a storm in KL
- Discovery Kids reaches out to filipino children
- Discovery busts myths with HP
- Discovery Channel hires chief shark officer
- Discovery magazine relaunches across Asia
- DNAP to launch five channels in India
- TLC in reality TV push for Taiwan
- Discovery on a creativity high
- Discovery makes mobile TV move
- Dedicated feeds & local ad sales for M’sia
- More low blows in Enigmatic Malaysia mishap
- First Time Filmmaker goes Vietnam
- Discovery taps Baidu for Chinese web push
- Discovery Channel mag ramps up
- Discovery HD launches in Korea
- Discovering Hip Korea
- Discovery makes executive promotions
- Discovery integrates in India and Asia
- Škoda bands with Discovery for green message