Tiger connects through CSR
- Tiger Beer steps up CSR programs for 2010
- Connecting brand with Chinese community
- Is in-line with "Year of the Tiger" marketing campaign
Malaysia – Tiger Beer's campaign marketing focus will share the limelight with CSR initiatives in the coming months as the brand prepares to host the annual Chinese Education Charity Concert (CECC).
The CECC goes ahead in May or June to raise funds for a number of Chinese schools across Malaysia.
Tiger Beer started the CECC back in 1994 and it has become an important tool for the brand to connect with the Chinese community which generally views education as an element distinctly defining Chinese culture.
Tiger Beer has raised a total of RM183.3 million to date.
This year's charity drives are in-line with the brand's "Year of the Tiger" marketing campaign objectives.
"It's just like a brand with a face. We want our consumers to know that we are a brand that cares for our community and our children. This will help shape the brand more and assist in maintaining our place as the people's number one beer choice," Sean Koh, marketing manager - mainstream for GAB, said.
Not to be outdone by a brand in its stable, GAB is launching its own CSR initiative. Similar to the CECC, the Dragon Mission raises money for schools but within some of the poorest schools in the Indian community.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Guinness Anchor Berhad
Guinness Anchor Berhad Related Stories:
- GAB readies for huge St. Patrick's party
- Ireland leaves GAB to join EABL
- GAB sees senior management changes
- GAB’s star beers usher in CNY
- Guinness looks for social entrepreneurs
- GAB's Yap Swee Leng leaves post
- Don't be so hard on Gen Y
- Tiger gets spooky this Halloween
- GAB helps raise F&B standards
- Strongbow looks for strongest virtual hunter
- Studio Lounge introduces beer 'on-demand'
- Strongbow jazzes up its image
- In BRIEF: Capital TV, GAB, 8TV, Tetra Pak
- CSR - For the greater good
- GAB gives away millions to mark CNY
- GAB parties on with Oktoberfest
- Tiger roars for Asian music fans
- Guinness claims March for St. Patrick’s
- GAB reunites with the number ‘9’
- GAB names Jenner’s successor