MTR dances up a Christmas storm
Hong Kong - MTR Corporation and Ogilvy & Mather will host another "Christmas Surprise" at MTR next week, after first launching the performance last week.
The campaign saw a group of MTR staff team up with students from Hong Kong Academy of Performing Arts to perform a special Christmas-themed dance event in the Hong Kong Station last Saturday.
This is the first time the MTR has launched such an event and worked with Ogilvy & Mather to source HKAPA students and wardrobe coordination. No communications or promotions were developed prior to the event.
Besides creating a festive atmosphere, MTR also used the event to raise funds for charity. For just a HK$30 donation to the "Children's Cancer Foundation", passengers could take photos with the performers in their reindeer Christmas costumes.
A second performance will be held on 20 December at 11:45, 14:00 and 15:15.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- MTR Corporation
- Ogilvy and Mather
MTR Corporation Related Stories:
- Pricerite trials e-shop channel at MTR
- MTR PR veteran of 37 years retires
- Jasons spreads Christmas joy to MTR riders
- Gravitas triumphs at Mob-Ex Awards 2012
- Windows 8 goes unseen to be seen
- Tencent pushes WeChat on MTR
- MTR goes interactive with all-in-one booth
- MTR goes 3D
- Brand in crisis: MTR's bad timing
- No eating, no anger, says MTR mascot
- Advertising takes centre stage for the MTR
- JCDecaux on notice with MTR tender
- JCDecaux deepens engagement with brands
- OMD apologises over MTR fiasco
- McDonald's takes top MTR award
- MTR on track to fix image crisis
- MTR unveils HK’s hidden treasures
- POAD lands MTR street-level billboard biz
- MTR enters into new augmented reality
- Sponsors embrace MTR's Soccer Fever