Aegis rules out a Carat and wwwins merger
Hong Kong - The restructure of Aegis Media's senior Hong Kong management will not result in the merger of Carat and wwwins Consulting, said incoming Aegis Media Hong Kong CEO Chris Ryan.
Aegis yesterday announced Ryan (pictured), head of wwwins Consulting, has been appointed to an expanded role as Aegis Media's Hong Kong CEO.
From January next year Ryan will replace Will Swayne as head of Carat Media Hong Kong while keeping his current role as MD of wwwins Consulting. Swayne will relocate to the US at the end of the year to take up a new role with Carat North America.
Ryan told Marketing his appointment would not result in a merger between Carat and wwwins, stressing that both companies were strong brands.
Carat recently shifted its office into wwwins and both companies have been collaborating on digital projects, but he said this did not mean a merger was on the cards.
"There are no plans to merge the two organisations, they will remain separate brands," he said.
"For us it is not about a merger of companies, at all. This is about collaboration and about how the two companies will work well together," he said.
With digital becoming a major focus point for clients, he said Aegis will be better equipped to tap the skills set from Carat and wwwins.
"From a strategic standpoint that is what we will be hoping to bring to clients."
"The key thing is to work with the leadership team we have in each agency, and they already work really well together, so there's no cause for concern. We're happy with where we are."
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Carat Hong Kong
- Aegis Media
- wwwins Consulting
Carat Hong Kong Related Stories:
- So you think you're social
- Smyllie promoted to new Aegis regional team
- Carat toasts with Pernod Ricard
- Carat scores US$20m KTO pitch
- FANCL drops MediaCom for Carat
- Carat lands US$2m Sky Deck business
- Bossini dresses up M&M's for Halloween push
- Tourism Australia sets strong digital tone
- Carat lands US$20m Seoul media business
- Chu rejoins Carat Hong Kong in MD role
- Tribal DDB nabs Carat's strategy director
- Commercial Radio tunes in to iPhone apps
- Management overhaul at Aegis Hong Kong
- Esprit mulls next move for New Face work
- ANZ bank hands media duties to Carat
- Esprit kick starts hunt for next ad star
- New business nosedives in first half
- wwwins bowls over the competition
- Cancer Fund launches awareness drive
- Carat and wwwins launch digital JV