KFC expects Hot Rods to go fast
- KFC launches Hot Rods again
- Will spend over RM2.5 million on advertising and promotions
- Could contribute10% of total system wide sales during promotion
Malaysia – KFC will spend over RM2.5 million on marketing the latest launch of its Hot Rods product.
KFC sold over 3 million of the chicken skewers when it launched the product in 2008 and the fast food chain has embarked on a marketing campaign comprising of TV, radio, print, outdoor, online, point-of-sale and event components to sell it this time round.
KFC said it expects Hot Rods to contribute around 10% of its total system wide sales during the promotion period from 4 November 2009 until 3 January 2010.
Hot Rods was launched to coincide with the end of the year school holidays and college semester breaks.
"Young people are on the move all the time these days and they don’t always have the time to sit down and enjoy a leisurely meal at our restaurants," Tuan Haji Jamaludin Md Ali, MD of QSR Brands Bhd and KFC Holdings, said.
McCann Erickson handles creatives for the campaign while Carat does media.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- McCann Erickson
KFC Related Stories:
- KFC Philippines fights hunger with WFP
- Spotify launches in Malaysia
- NBA extends marketing deal with KFC
- KFC cuts suppliers in China
- Bizarre HR: KFC worker fired for licking potatoes
- KFC celebrates 1 million Facebook fans
- KFC Australia ropes in rockstars
- BCA on agency hunt, Audi promotes new cars
- KFC Australia appoints Edelman
- KFC draws flak for APP supplies
- AOTY Jury Spotlight: Virginia Ng
- Out to Lunch: Why KFC took kids off the menu
- In BRIEF: Celestial Tiger, KFC, Ogilvy
- Nandos takes a punch at KFC
- KFC: Out of the pan, into the fire
- KFC launches first group buying deal in HK
- KFC gets real about its food
- KFC and Pizza Hut pick UM for media
- NEWS IN BRIEF: 29 September 2011
- Maybank, KFC, FedEx recognised as CSR champions