Ballmer: Next decade to re-define interaction with PCs
"The next decade will re-define how we interact with our computers. Content will be delivered over IP based networks. New input methods like voice and even gestures will be used to communicate with computers. Mobile devices and traditional PCs will continue to converge. Computational models will span local PCs/devices, and new business models will continue to evolve," he said.
Ballmer also urged Singapore to become a "nerve centre for innovation" saying, "this is my fourth visit to Singapore, and it never ceases to amaze me how the country continually re-invents itself to stay competitive. In hosting the F1 Asian night race and leading on the Integrated Resorts project, Singapore uses innovative thinking to succeed in the ever-changing knowledge economy".
"Singapore should continue to give ‘innovation' a free rein for growth and the nation can take a lead in connecting the innovation economies in the region and mobilising creativity and intellectual assets for the next wave of economic growth, productivity, jobs, and wealth generation," he said.
To achieve this, Ballmer advised Singapore's business, government and political architects to take a long-term approach to innovation for all the constituents in the digital economy. This would involve nurturing ideas and innovation in an environment where development of people is at the core of the business strategy as well as offering connected experiences to consumers. This would allow information workers to be in control and remain connected, creating data centres of the future for IT professionals, rewiring the economy for decision makers, and adding semantic levels for developers.
- Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore
- Microsoft Corporation
Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore Related Stories:
- Putting Bhutan on the map
- IDA slaps three telcos with fines
- Flexible work arrangements for employees
- Workplace mobility to be adopted by 40% of APAC employees by 2015
- Working from home encouraged by IDA Singapore
- IDA appoints UP BrandBuzz
- IDA media biz goes to ZenithOptimedia
- IDA appoints Saatchi LAB
- IDA calls media pitch
- HR event: Why the CEO can't do it without you
- Retail marketers laud mobile payment plans
- S$1.1b infocomm projects up for tender this year
- IDA launches pitch
- Up the ranks: Sept 09
- Govt agencies Friendster
- IDA issues RFP
- IDA searches for media agency
- IDA puts out RFP
- My Best Pitch - Nov07
- Singapore’s seaport to be world’s first Wi-Max-ready by 2008