Esprit mulls next move for New Face work
Esprit has been running a competition across the territory to find eight different "friendship stories" to feature in its "Esprit Friends" 2009 winter advertising campaign.
After two months of interviewing applicants the chain announced the eight winners of its "New Face" competition at the launch of its flagship store over the weekend.
In addition to winning HK$10,000 in cash, each group was given the opportunity to appear in Esprit's ad campaign this season.
Eight photoshoots were conducted in September and so far six have been converted into commercials and released throughout MTR stations and billboards at the Central tunnel entrance from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island and the Hong Kong MTR subway system.
Trina Savage, group account director at Shyalala Productions, which ran the campaign, said Esprit will now consider different ways to use the large bank of content collected throughout the two months, adding that it may be expanded to Singapore.
The Esprit friends website, which hosts all of the video auditions, has been visited by almost half a million people and received over 3.4 million hits in only a few weeks.
The eight stories included a married couple of 30 years, signing sisters, a group of young males from Macau who couldn't afford to all attend the audition, ‘Shek-O Girls' - two sisters, Liana (9) and Samara (6) along with their neighbour, Cara (12) who were brought up in Shek O, and have formed solid bonds with each other in their small community and the ‘Amazing Friendship' story of Sam Wu and Vince Matthew Chung took first place in the popular reality show, The Amazing Race.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Carat Hong Kong
- Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
- Esprit Retail
- Shya-La-La Production
Carat Hong Kong Related Stories:
- So you think you're social
- Smyllie promoted to new Aegis regional team
- Carat toasts with Pernod Ricard
- Carat scores US$20m KTO pitch
- FANCL drops MediaCom for Carat
- Carat lands US$2m Sky Deck business
- Bossini dresses up M&M's for Halloween push
- Tourism Australia sets strong digital tone
- Carat lands US$20m Seoul media business
- Chu rejoins Carat Hong Kong in MD role
- Tribal DDB nabs Carat's strategy director
- Commercial Radio tunes in to iPhone apps
- Aegis rules out a Carat and wwwins merger
- Management overhaul at Aegis Hong Kong
- ANZ bank hands media duties to Carat
- Esprit kick starts hunt for next ad star
- New business nosedives in first half
- wwwins bowls over the competition
- Cancer Fund launches awareness drive
- Carat and wwwins launch digital JV