Samsung hits the road for mobile brand show
The Samsung Mobile Live is part of a global campaign that was held in countries such as China, Germany, Singapore and India that has now made its way to Hong Kong.
DonJoo Lee (pictured), senior vice president, head of sales & marketing team, mobile communications division, digital media & communications business for Samsung Electronics, said Samsung Mobile Live brings a range of high-end products directly to consumers to experience.
Lee said Hong Kong is one of its most important markets and are keen to excite the stylish early-adopters here who generate global trends for mobile phones.
Lee said the range of phones that Samsung have launched include the Omnia II i8000H, Pixon 12, Galaxy and I8910HD.
He said the Samsung mobile brand has been recognised globally particularly in the American and European markets but this year the company wants to pay more attention to Asia.
Lee said they used the same marketing approach for Hong Kong and Singapore where customers demand for rich feature smartphones.
When he made his trip to Hong Kong this time, Lee noticed Samsung uses its Anycall brand here as well.
While the Anycall brand recognition is strong in domestic Korea and well perceived in China, Lee said he will reconsider if they will use the Samsung or Anycall brand for the Hong Kong market in future communications and positioning.
He admitted that the Samsung mobile brand is rated far below the global average among Hong Kong consumers particularly with iphone wooing a large segment of the high-end customers.
However, Lee said Samsung will target the middle-priced smartphones segment to provide better services and features to challenge their competitors.
With the new Samsung phones that have Windows Mobile, Andriod, Symbian as well as its own proprietary platforms, he claimed the company is winning in the segment.
In addition to Samsung Mobile Live, the campaign will be supported by bus body ads, outdoor in commonspace Causeway Bay, roadshow and outdoor TV spots.
Cheil developed creative while Starcom is the media buying and planning agency for this campaign with Waggener Edstrom looking after PR._________________________________________________________________________________________
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Samsung Electronics
- Starcom Worldwide Hong Kong
- Waggener Edstrom Worldwide Hong Kong
- Cheil Communications
Samsung Electronics Related Stories:
- Samsung gives back with a bang
- China’s standards get stricter
- Samsung embarks on Galaxy Wonderland
- Samsung’s deals, Oil market distress
- Samsung uses discounts to lure customers
- What now for Samsung?
- Semiconductor profit hits US$307b
- Samsung brings LMFAO to Malaysia
- Samsung to build Chinese chip facility
- Vivian Lai fronts Samsung's branding efforts
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Nexus
- Samsung Mobile Challenge kicks off
- Samsung bends it with Beckham
- Samsung's comedy cab for Tab
- Samsung joins TVB in 3D broadcasting
- SPRG picks up Samsung PR business
- Samsung supports Asian Youth Games
- Samsung campaign touches on Star quality
- Bigger thinking from Microsoft's messenger
- Infineon and Samsung in the red