STB asks for your ideas
- STB launches roadmap for 2020
- Task force includes marketing
- Launches website
Singapore - In a bid to boost tourism, the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) has unveiled a new roadmap for the year 2020, constituting five taskforces, and it has launched a website asking people to share their vision for the growth of the sector.
The taskforces, including one on marketing, will map out tourism strategies specifically pertaining to business, enrichment, lifestyle, marketing, and travel and hospitality, and will involve more than 50 representatives from tourism-related industries.
The marketing taskforce is led by Aun Koh, director of Ate consulting, and it includes Fiona Bartholomeusz, founder of Formul8, Chen Hsing Yao, deputy director of Urban Design at the URA, Hideki Akiyoshi, regional creative consultant at Chuo Senko Advertising, Melissa Siew, general manager of Zuji Singapore, and others. It is tasked to look into opportunities arising from current and future trends in digital marketing, brand co-creation and one-to-one marketing to create a strong emotional
connection to the Singapore brand.
The Tourism Compass 2020 is an enhancement of Tourism 2015 which was launched in 2005 with a vision to make Singapore Asia's leading MICE city, leisure destination, and services centre. It targeted to achieve S$30 billion in tourism receipts and 17 million visitor arrivals to Singapore by 2015.
"Since then, the Singapore landscape has undergone a dynamic change in the last four years, and a dramatically different Singapore skyline will emerge over the next few years as tourism products such as the Integrated Resorts, the Gardens by the Bay project and the International Cruise Terminal come on stream," Aw Kah Peng, STB's chief executive and co-chair of the Tourism Compass 2020 Steering Committee, said in a statement.
"While the current environment may be challenging, we are upbeat about the long term prospects for growth in tourism. This is why we are developing Tourism Compass 2020 - to identify and capitalise on emerging opportunities afforded by new travel trends, so that we can further tourism's contribution as a key driver of Singapore's economy," Aw said.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia
- Singapore Tourism Board
Singapore Tourism Board Related Stories:
- STB settles agency line up
- Manager - Brand development, STB
- Asst. Manager – Segment Marketing, STB
- Assistant director - Segment Marketing, STB
- Asst. director - brand development, STB
- R3 makes senior hire
- STB ropes in XM Asia for GEMS
- Singapore says visit us, right now
- Profile: A hard talk on dollars and sense
- STB: A hard talk on dollars and sense
- Singapore Tourism Board appoints Sinclair
- Singapore Tourism Board makes it official
- The STB pitch: What's on the cards?
- Area Director - Americas, STB
- Manager – Segment Marketing, STB
- Assistant Director- Brand Development, STB
- Assistant Manager, STB
- Communications Manager, STB
- STB appoints consultant ahead of pitch
- Communications Manager, STB