Yahoo's Mandel named IAB chair
Singapore - The newly-formed Interactive Advertising Bureau of Singapore (IAB) has announced its leadership council and executive officers, with Yahoo Southeast Asia's VP and managing director Ken Mandel as chairman.
Third Space Asia managing partner Fawbert has been appointed as secretary and Raymond Teo, assistant VP of Singapore Press Holdings, has been named as treasurer. The IAB was launched in Singapore in June.
"We have established a strong and inclusive industry association that will advance digital advertising in Singapore and throughout the region. The IAB is committed to providing tremendous value to its members, and it will work towards achieving the shared vision of an interactive industry that delivers 20% of all marketing expenditure by 2020. Through participation in IAB working committees, all association members can contribute to efforts that build awareness, understanding and trust in digital as an effective medium for marketers," Mandel said in a statement.
The IAB has outlined its key objectives to support the growth of interactive advertising investment, generate and disseminate research and thought leadership that supports interactive advertising, share best practices and improve efficiency through education and training, provide representation at events, establish and promote accepted measurement guidelines and creative standards, promoting consultation and cooperation with the digital advertising industry, and to act as a representative voice for the digital advertising industry.
The full leadership council for the IAB is:
Grant Watts - CEO of DMS Group
Sim Hong Huat - Assistant Vice President, MediaCorp
Joe Nguyen - Vice President Sales, comScore
Ken Mandel - Vice-President & Managing Director, Yahoo! Southeast Asia
Lori Sobel - Managing Director, Southeast Asia, Google
Nick Fawbert - Managing Partner, Third Space Asia
Raymond Teoh - Assistant Vice President, Singapore Press Holdings
Reza Behnam - Partner, Digital Direction
Richard Huggins - APS Director - SEA, Microsoft Advertising
Varsha Rao - CEO, SingTel Digital Media/InSing.com
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia
Yahoo! Related Stories:
- Mayer's message: Panic [GALLERY]
- Yahoo to acquire Tumblr for $1.1bn
- Yahoo Japan fights for 2020 Games
- Yahoo to provide exclusive One FC content
- Yahoo looks to monetise mobile inventory
- A campaign for a positive outlook on dying?
- Yahoo buys Summly... only to close it down
- Bizarre HR: Yahoo’s HR boss commutes 10,000km to avoid working from home
- Yahoo Hong Kong snaps up VP and GM
- Off the Record: Is Marissa Mayer onto something?
- Yahoo! Philippines welcomes Google
- Yahoo pushes for interactive travel content
- Yahoo drives off with Motor Trader
- Yahoo goes guerilla for CNY
- Yahoo checks in on online trends
- Yahoo recognises online creativity
- Entertainment searches take up the top spot
- Yahoo brings new tech portal to life
- Bizarre HR: The strange habits of CEOs
- Chow Sang Sang debuts first micro-movie