Guinness raises its glass to Arthur
Two versions of the Saatchi & Saatchi global ad featuring a toast to Guiness' founder from Dublin, Arthur Guinness will run across the globe.
In Hong Kong and China, a 30 second TV spot titled "Chinese Whispers" will broadcast a humourous version showing people toasting "To Arthur" going around the world that evolves to a toast to farmers, Llamas and Parsnips.
The other version shows Guinness drinkers around the globe raising a glass to Arthur.
Eva Yim, senior marketing manager for Guinness, said to attract consumers around the world as well as giving something back to its existing drinkers, Guinness will be organising a music event on Arthur's Day featuring some of the world's biggest artists such as The Black Eyed Peas, Mystery Jets, Johnny Flynn and The Undertones.
The celebrations will be held in Dublin and around the world in cities including New York, Lagos and Kuala Lumpur.
Yim said Hong Kong has become one of the three markets apart from Australia and US where Guinness 250 Anniversary Stout is being made available, with the limited edition release to launch in August for a short period.
To reward existing supporters, Guinness has planned a series of Guinness experiences such as a trip into space on Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic Spaceship, a journey to what is said to be Guinness' deep sea bar and an exclusive gig performance by The Black Eyed Peas.
Yim added the global consumer promotion is open to all adults and locals could sign up on Guinness' Hong Kong website.
She said as Guinness celebrates 250 this year, it has become one of the most recognisable and iconic brands in the world.
"The brand built on a subtle mix of product excellence, innovation, social benevolence and philanthropy, which we believe will keep us competitive in the market, " she added.
Saatchi & Saatchi is lead creative agency for the global ad campaign, the company works directly with TVB for media buy. Grayling handled PR for Hong Kong.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia
- Grayling Public Relations
- Saatchi & Saatchi
Grayling Public Relations Related Stories:
- APAC leads growth in PR investment
- Grayling launches new unit
- Grayling expands PR services to China
- Hasbro, Mondial appoint PR agencies
- Grayling clinches DEK biz globally
- Changi, Sawadee.com appoint PR agencies
- Finnair begins ad push
- British Airways confirms Grayling as PR lead
- Family values won't hold women leaders back
- Finnair focuses on SG, hires agencies
- Grayling Singapore appoints MD
- Economist Intelligence Unit in global PR push
- Compass taps Grayling in Asia expansion
- Grayling bags RedDot's PR biz
- Can Singapore brand itself as a nation?
- Grayling plans to grow by acquisition
- Grayling bags Rolex account
- Airbus names Grayling as PR agency
- Grayling gets global boost
- Y&R’s Low to OMG