LG and Nat Geo in High-Definition push
- LG and Nat Geo launch campaign to promote HDTV entertainment
- Campaign covers SE Asia
- Driven by cable and online channels
Regional - LG Electronics has partnered with National Geographic Channel to launch a new campaign to encourage viewers across SE Asia to watch High-Definition (HD) TV quality programmes.
The 2009 National Geographic Channel Top 10 HD campaign rolls out in conjunction with the launch of LG's LH50, LH70 and LH35 full HD LCD TVs across SE Asia, and asks viewers to vote for their top 10 from a collection of 30 documentaries shown on National Geographic Channel HD in the past year.
The campaign is for the Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Vietnam markets.
A LG spokesperson said the campaign is targeting PMEBs in their mid-20s to 30s and will be largely driven by cable and online channels across the six markets. However, the spokesperson declined to go into specific details on the local executions for the mentioned markets only adding that the campaign is "designed to be self-sustaining."
Results of voting will be announced on natgeotv.com/top10hd while the 10 most popular NGC documentaries will air on National Geographic Channel HD in late September.
- National Geographic Channel Asia
- LG Electronics
National Geographic Channel Asia Related Stories:
- Maybankard travels with National Geographic
- Samsung taps Nat Geo for 3D TV launch
- The Society experience arrives at HarbourFront
- Jackson takes the reigns at Nat Geo and Fox
- NGC celebrates 10 years in Asia
- Samsung promotes HD on Nat Geo
- National Geographic calling for documentaries
- Career Path - Mar08
- Junior gets Nat Geo too
- National Geographic’s own MTV
- Nat Geo steps out from home to concrete jungle
- Baby show boosts Nat Geo ratings
- National Geographic goes around the world