Havas nabs Wong to head up Greater China
Shanghai - Havas Media, a unit of MPG, has appointed Thomas Wong (pictured), former Carat CEO for China as CEO of the agency to lead its key operations in Greater China.
Based in Shanghai, Wong replaces Paul Mcneill who leaves at the end of the month to study International Policy.
Wong will head up Havas Media's offices in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan and reports directly to Vishnu Mohan, CEO for Havas Media Asia Pacific.
"Thomas fits well into our culture as he is also a strong proponent of accountability led communication planning that is rooted in a deep understanding of local cultures and consumer perception," Mohan said.
Wong added, "My immediate priority is to drive operational excellence and map out a growth plan that will be executed within 12 to 18 months."
Wong has 25 years of experience in consumer companies, advertising and media agencies serving client servicing, strategy, business direction and leadership roles.
Prior to Havas Media, he was CEO for Carat China and worked in McCann Erickson and Y&R including regional managing director for North Asia at Rentokil Asia.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department? Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Carat China
- Havas Media International
Carat China Related Stories:
- Carat China fills top role
- Carat China names Northern MD
- Carat China promotes new digital GM
- Carlsberg defends fun in "complicated China"
- Grossman named MD for Carat China
- Perfetti Van Melle reworks China agency roster
- Carat names planning director for China
- Barbie evolves into a lifestyle brand
- Carat lands AIA's 'Project Future' in China
- Carat promotes Grossman as East China MD
- Beiersdorf buckles down for China expansion
- OMD shifts Tsang in new J&J role