Star Publications buys 20% stake in 701Sou
- Star Publications buys 20% stake in 701Sou from SPHII
- Costs S$5 million
- 701Sou is an online search directory company servicing China
Regional - Star Publications has bought a 20% stake in online search directory company 701Sou from SPH Interactive International (SPHII) for S$5 million.
701Sou provides online directory search services in China through its website 701Sou.com. It launched in November 2008 and has a monthly visitor rate of 6 million. SPHII remains the major shareholder.
This is the second time Star Publications and SPHII have formed an alliance. In April last year, both parties entered into a joint-venture for the provision of online directory search services in Malaysia through 701Panduan. It launched in March this year, and averages a monthly visitor rate of 1 million.
SPHII is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Singapore Press Holdings.
- Star Publications
- SPH Interactive International
Star Publications Related Stories:
- Star power joins Redberry
- The Star launches motoring pullout
- Ho Kay Tat returns to The Edge
- Star RFM marketing director moves to China
- The Star gets snappy
- Star turns on TV with Li, Life Inspired
- MyStarJob.com goes mobile
- Ho rises as Tan exits Star
- The Star reaches out to Perak
- ntv7 feels good about charity
- Senior Star marketer exits
- Star appoints Astro's Wong to CMO role
- The Star’s biz awards return
- Red FM rewards with cash
- Lee's Star gig lands Rishya CEO role
- ING names new branding head
- Azura Annuar quits The Star
- Burger King angers Whopper
- The Star launches business award
- Wong Chun Wai lands boardroom seat