Celebrity Deathmatch without the death
- TSA to market and distribute The Grudge Match Series
- Deal includes Asia and the Middle East
- Programme is a new sports and reality TV concept
Malaysia - Total Sports Asia, a regional sports marketing agency headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, will market and distribute a new sports and reality TV concept across Asia and the Middle East called The Grudge Match Series.
The programme features former professional athletes facing off against each other in the boxing ring, and the first series sees ex-footballers compete.
"The idea of putting gloves on former sports stars to battle it out in the ring is ingenious. As soon as I heard about it I knew we had to get involved. There are so many fights I would love to see personally, and we are sure that sports fans across Asia will love it also," Julian Jackson, SVP for Total Sports Asia said.
Each show will see three to four bouts of boxing, and all bouts are regulated under the rules of the European Boxing Federation. The second series will include former professional rugby players as well as Celebrity Grudge Matches featuring celebrity chefs.
The Grudge Match Series is also the name of the company behind the show.
- Total Sports Asia
Total Sports Asia Related Stories:
- BWF exclusively on One World Sports
- Total Sports Asia swings it with ITTF
- Total Sports TV strikes online pose
- TSA-SPL partnership eyes Asian audience
- TSA partners with Simply Sports
- Total Sports Asia adds marcomms
- BWF appoints World Super Series agencies
- TSA serves up Badminton Asia Championships
- Ryan Giggs in CYMA marketing assist
- 4-Nations Football Tournament sponsor close
- TotalSports.tv broadband channel launches
- TSA allies with Havas Sports Entertainment
- TSA secures Ligue 1 across SE Asia
- TSA strikes World's Strongest Man deal
- TSA gets RM$15m sweetner from Nectar Capital
- TSA scores rights to Italy and Spain for FIFA