Sportel selects Singapore for 2010 event
- SportelAsia to be held in Singapore
- Business opportunities for companies
- Held in March 2010
Singapore - Sportel, an international sports business marketplace for television and new media, has announced that the SportelAsia event will be held in Singapore in March 2010.
Sportel events offer business opportunities to a wide range of companies involved with international sports content, from traditional broadcasters, program distributors, sports marketing agencies, satellite services, sports federations, leagues and teams to new technologies focusing on online and mobile distribution platforms. The event will take place on 8-10 March 2010 at the Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore.
"In keeping with our recent practice of alternating the yearly spring Sportel market between the United States and Asia, we are very pleased to be heading to Singapore next year," David Tomatis, chief executive officer of Sportel, said.
"Singapore has established itself as a top of mind destination for meetings, conventions, incentives and events in Asia. Singapore is developing in a Sports Hub for the Global Sports Community."
Oon Jin Teik, the chief executive of the Singapore Sports Council, commented: "We are delighted to host SportelAsia to Singapore in 2010, this really compliments our growing strength in staging successful sports meetings and high profile sporting events.
"The event will also allow Singapore to facilitate an exchange of information and skills that can serve as a catalyst for future growth of the sports industry locally, regionally as well as internationally and our vibrant sporting calendar and strength in infrastructure, knowledge and resources will position Singapore as a key venue to the global sports community when they are considering where to stage their events."
The announcement comes on the back on a series of firsts for Singapore's sports industry in 2008 such as the first ever F1 Grand Prix night race, securing of the first ever Youth Olympic Games, hosting the first ever Volvo Ocean Race stopover in South East Asia and the appointment of an international consortium group to build the Singapore Sports Hub.
- Singapore Sports Council
Singapore Sports Council Related Stories:
- SSC settles creative panel
- Sentosa's Lee goes to SSC
- MICA and SSC call pitches, HBO revamps
- SSC calls PR pitch, M1 launches new card
- SSC appoints PHD
- SSC calls PR pitch for SEA Games
- SSC puts media biz up for pitch
- SSC picks panel of creative agencies
- SSC looks for PR agency
- SSC picks agencies for StanChart Marathon
- SSC calls creative pitch
- StanChart Marathon's PR biz up for pitch
- SSC & EDB look for creative agencies
- SSC pushes basketball with NBA tie up
- SSC launches PR pitch
- SSC makes PR call
- Leo Burnett bags Sports Council brief
- Spectrum Worldwide to manage Singapore Marathon
- Asian Youth Games taps up Facebook
- Junior Hockey World Cup bags title sponsor