L'Oreal young marketers await final challenge
- L'Oreal competition enters final stage
- McCann Worldgroup guides students
- Strong history of Singapore involvement
Singapore - The L'Oréal Brandstorm 2009 is set to reach its final mark as the competing students put the final touches on their presentations which will be showcased at the Singapore National Finals in May.
The L'Oréal Brandstorm is used as a recruitment tool to attract the best talent from around the world, offering students a unique first-hand professional experience.
Brandstorm was created in 1993, and challenges tertiary students from all over the world to become marketing brand managers. In teams of three, their task is to develop a long-term international strategy for one of L'Oréal's brands. This year, it is Maybelline New York.
Throughout the entire Brandstorm competition, students work closely with international creative agency, McCann Worldgroup, while being mentored by executives from L'Oréal.
The Singapore students will be working closely with the agency including Mark Ingrouille, region director of McCann Worldgroup Southeast Asia and CEO of McCann Worldgroup Singapore and Thailand, from 17 April to 4 May. During the past seven years, Singapore has consistently produced fine results in L'Oréal Brandstorm International Finals, with students achieving international second runner-up in 2002, international champion in 2003, international first runner-up in 2004, international champions in 2007 and second runner-up in 2008.
The Brandstorm National finals will be held on 20 May 20 with the winning team representing Singapore at the International Finals in Paris on June 29 and 30. Members of the winning team who successfully defend their strategy before top L'Oréal managers win a trip to the city of their choice worth S$20,000. Second and third place winners get an all expenses paid trip worth S$10,000) and S$5,000 respectively.
- McCann Worldgroup
L'Oreal Related Stories:
- CEOs cannot function without HR
- Talent Management 2013: The CEO's role in managing talent
- Planning successful succession at Talent Management 2013
- Former L'Oreal MD Stanleick joins Coach
- Mindshare grabs L’Oreal’s online TV business
- Because it is worth it
- L'Oreal to buy Urban Decay cosmetics
- Tay Ai Leen resigns from post in L'Oreal
- L’Oreal president to speak at Talent Management 2013
- L'Oreal MD Stanleick resigns
- L'Oreal Paris' Ivan Franco departs
- Lea Michele is worth it
- L'Oréal moves into online shopping
- Sara Lee's Low joins L'Oreal
- Client-side: How digital drives the face of L’Oréal
- L'Oreal awards Vietnam media biz to Maxus
- Guardian adds a masculine touch
- IPG sets up a shop for L'Oréal & Maybelline
- L’Oreal's Aquasource debuts with a campaign
- Blue snags L'Oreal's digital biz