Lay's celebrates simple joys
Shanghai - PepsiCo Foods China's top selling product, Lay's potato chips wants to restore happiness in this tough economic climate and show that happiness could even come from sharing Lay's chips with your loved ones.
Lay's has rolled out a marketing campaign using celebrity Angela Zhang, which has been its brand ambassador for the past two years, to target 18 to 35 years old Lay's chips lovers.
Jennifer Chern, group account director for BBDO Shanghai said the new Lay's "Symphony" TVC used the analogy of fireworks to communicate that Lay's original chips are simply made from potatoes - directly sliced from potatoes into chips.
"Lay's can provide them happiness with its natural qualities so that they can feel free to indulge in the simple joy of eating," she added.
Leo Tsoi, marketing VP for PepsiCo Foods (China), said: "Simple and original-that is what we believe in and what we are responsible for."
He said Lay's is one of the most popular brands of potato chips in the world and is committed to upholding company's values in every phase of the process to produce the most delicious potato chips.
BBDO highlighted Lay's commitment to high quality and healthy food in the campaign and focused on the concept of happiness is simple to show that Lay's can bring simple happiness into people's lives.
The TV campaign that will run till May is also available online on Lay's website across China.
BBDO China developed creatives while OMD handled media buying and planning for this campaign.
- BBDO China
- Pepsico International
BBDO China Related Stories:
- BBDO adds to management team
- J&J musical sings for women’s hygiene
- Proximity China beefs leadership team
- Pepsi stages Journey to the West
- Cakebread to lead BBDO's luxury arm
- GE brands with the words of children
- BBDO drives Mercedes-Benz beyond luxury
- BBDO China boosts creative team
- Almon Lam to depart BBDO Shanghai
- BBDO makes key hires across China
- BBDO promotes from within
- BBDO tipped for Tiffany & Co creative
- Job Shuffle -MMHK Aug 08
- Hans takes over planning role at BBDO China
- BBDO China chases luxury clients
- BBDO strengthens creative across China
- BBDO ends joint venture in China
- Seaton to head Pepsi business at BBDO China
- FedEx delivers China badminton team into offices