CBRC warn against fraudulent schemes
Beijing - The China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) has produced a public service announcement (PSA) to educate the Chinese public about fraudulent investment schemes.
CBRC has chosen Ogilvy & Mather China through the Tsinghua-Ogilvy programme for public branding, an institution established in 2005 that offers professional brand building and consultany services to assist Chinese officials with issues related to China's progress.
Ogilvy is responsible to oversee strategy, handle target audience survey and creative development and production of TV spots.
The government ads aim to warn the Chinese public with a focus to those in the second and third tier cities as well as those living in rural areas on how to avoid fraudulent investment schemes.
It has become a serious issue as more innocent people particularly in rural and disadvantaged areas that are losing significant amount of money to fraudsters promising unrealistic returns for various investments to prey on their ignorance and disappear with their life savings.
Ogilvy developed the TV spots featuring meteor-like showers to demonstrate the promise of get rich quick schemes are often an illusion. The meteor shower later burst into tiny pieces to symbolise broken dreams and images of distraught victims all illustrate the lies of the fraudsters.
The PSA will be broadcast nationwide for a month on various channels of CCTV.
The broadcast coverage will extend to more than 30 local satellite TV stations across China in Phase 2 and will also be shown in select cinemas, railway stations, subway stations and office buildings.
- Ogilvy and Mather Beijing
Ogilvy and Mather Beijing Related Stories:
- Is stress to blame for Ogilvy employee's death?
- Ma rejoins O&M to head entertainment unit
- Taobao pushes app for 'm-commerce' growth
- Wu takes MD role at O&M Advertising
- Eschenbacher returns to O&M for regional gig
- O&M cheers to Tsingtao win
- O&M nabs Chan to ECD China role
- Agencies look to tap online brand chatter
- Ogilvy lands Changping modernity project
- DraftFCB Shanghai wins bronze Promo Lion
- Euro RSCG hires regional marketing manager
- New work January
- Motorola taps Tuzki in digital campaign
- Ogilvy Beijing strengthens strategic planning
- China Mobile’s GoTone ads bond father and son
- Marketing to China’s smaller cities shouldn’t be neglected