Uniqlo surprises Singapore
- Uniqlo launches campaign
- Aims to raise brand awareness
- Campaign runs across print, online and OOH executions
Singapore - Japanese casual wear brand Uniqlo, which recently debuted in Singapore, has launched a Tribal DDB-created integrated marketing push to drive footfalls to its first store in the region.
The " Uniqlo surprises Singapore" campaign includes an interactive digital site, uniqlosurprise.com which aims to heighten awareness and engagement of the brand among Singaporeans.
Other components of the campaign include large format mural walls that can be seen at City Hall and Tampines MRT, traffic-stopping transit advertising, print and online display advertising.
"We wanted to bring the quirkiness of the brand and culture from Tokyo to Singapore. So we imported the iconic "gacha gacha" vending machine online to dispense UNIQLO Surprises every day," Jeff Cheong, executive creative director of Tribal DDB Singapore, said.
The brand made its foray into the local market early this month and is distributed through a joint venture between Japanese parent company Fast Retailing and Singapore's Wing Tai Retail.
It had appointed Tribal DDB and PHD Singapore as creative and media agency partners earlier this year.
- Tribal DDB
PHD Related Stories:
- Transitions Optical chooses PHD
- PHD hires second client services director
- PHD appoints Unilever strategy lead
- Kao settles creative and media pitches
- PHD unveils Source, Smoothie King picks Rice
- PHD butters up Goodman Fielder's brands
- Gruy to lead PHD Singapore
- PHD China names strategy lead
- PHD China promotes senior talents
- Fujifilm picks PHD Philippines as media AOR
- Little change as Unilever settles media pitch
- PHD names Vietnam lead
- PHD munches on California almonds
- Dentsu bags tourism media duties
- A.S. Watson settles regional media duties
- Vita Water crafts Hong Kong love story
- Coad to lead PHD Group Australia
- PHD continues regional expansion
- PHD shacks up in Melbourne
- PHD bags Bentley's global account