HBO Asia launches MAX channel
- HBO rebrands Cinemax channel
- MAX channel is born
- 24-hour commercial free
Singapore - HBO Asia is rebranding its Cinemax channel at the end of the month and is promising new on-air style as well as improved programming content.
Now re-branded as MAX, the 24-hour channel will be commercial-free and full of genre-driven action, sci-fi and suspense programs.
Kicking off the new MAX content on 29 March is the Asian television premiere of JJ Abrams' movie, Cloverfield. MAX also boasts the entire Indiana Jones movie franchise, classic HBO Boxing matches; as well as the HBO mini series Generation Kill and Golden Globe-winning series True Blood.
MAX is available in 18 countries, including Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, the Philippines and Vietnam. Closed-captioned subtitling is available in local languages - Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Thai and Vietnamese.
HBO Related Stories:
- HBO brings Game of Thrones to life
- HBO-Eros launch two ad-free channels
- HBO Asia launches ad-free channels
- HBO Asia sets up a digital tent in Hong Kong
- Case Study: HBO
- BabyFirst broadens access in Asia
- HBO refreshes website
- HBO Asia promotes Ew to marketing SVP
- HBO debuts Asian movie channel
- StarHub to carry Warner TV channel
- HBO Asia and Mei Ah strike deal
- WarnerTV partners HBO to enter Asia
- Pay TV piracy in Asia continues to rage
- HBO rolls out HD offering in Asia
- HBO in HD launches on StarHub
- HBO Blockbusters give marketing credit
- True Blood feasts on cable movie market
- HBO Asia expands online
- Ew signs on to HBO
- HBO embraces social networking craze