Proximity lands AirAsia project
- AirAsia picks Proximity for Gold Coast project
- Local agency beat Wunderman/Agenda Asia for the account
Malaysia - AirAsia has selected Proximity Malaysia for its Gold Coast project following a competitive pitch against Wunderman/Agenda Asia.
The brief called for the agency to develop a campaign to promote AirAsia X's Gold Coast route to markets in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and China. AirAsia does not have an interactive agency of record, but last year Agenda Asia won the Gold Coast account prior to its acquisition by WPP Group's Wunderman.
"They loved our ideas so much that they took only our ideas to the Gold Coast Tourism Board for approval," Group chief executive for BBDO/Proximity, Jennifer Chan said.
"The client said we did a great job in demonstrating our understanding of their business and ability to take their digital campaigns to the next level."
Recently the agency promoted Janet Teo to the role of business director to lead the agency after its previous GM Vic Sithasanan left for Proximity Singapore.
- Proximity Malaysia
Proximity Malaysia Related Stories:
- Berita Harian gets a make-over
- Astro moves b.yond with IPTV
- Snickers Hungerlings invasion hits
- Biar Betul: Newspapers and ghosts?
- Mun: "I'm just consulting"
- Malaysian Lab fills account director role
- BBDO/Proximity Malaysia wins Coway
- Janet Teo's maiden start with Futurelab
- BBDO/Proximity ends year on hiring spree
- BBDO/Proximity boosts digital team
- Proximity creative director quits
- Singapore switch for Sithasanan
- An underwater transaction for Olympus
- Sithasanan takes on GM role
- Proximity’s ClayCam for Hotlink