Discovery HD launches in Korea
- Discovery launches 24-hour HD channel
- Adds to documentaries on offer
- Now runs HD services in five APAC markets
Korea - Discovery Networks Asia Pacific has launched a 24-hour Discovery HD channel in Korea on the SkyLife HD platform.
Discovery HD is now available on Channel 82 and will launch as part of the SkyLife HD package.
With a new line-up of HD programming, Discovery HD in Korea will lend itself to the type of rich images which the channel is renowned for such as the new series' Behind the Camera, Star Racer and Stunt Stars.
"Discovery was the first international broadcaster to launch a 24-hour HD service in Asia Pacific and we aim to continuously strengthen our HD leadership by providing viewers with the highest quality content and best viewing experience there is," Tommy Lin, senior vice president and general manager - North Asia, Discovery Networks Asia Pacific, said.
"Skylife will be re-branded a real luxury product in this market that is rapidly growing in HD take-up. The global networks like Discovery will definitely help build such a competitive brand. I hope Korean viewers can now enjoy top-quality documentaries at the highest visual quality," Mong-ryong Lee, CEO and president of Skylife, said.
Discovery HD first launched internationally in Korea as a one-hour block on SkyLife in 2005 and Discovery now operates HD services in five markets in the region - Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and South Korea - reaching 6.3 million households.
- Discovery Networks Asia
Discovery Networks Asia Related Stories:
- Discovery hands PR duties to Arcis
- Blumer cooks up a storm in KL
- Discovery Kids reaches out to filipino children
- Discovery busts myths with HP
- Discovery Channel hires chief shark officer
- Discovery magazine relaunches across Asia
- DNAP to launch five channels in India
- TLC in reality TV push for Taiwan
- Discovery on a creativity high
- Discovery makes mobile TV move
- Dedicated feeds & local ad sales for M’sia
- HKBN expands with Discovery Channels
- More low blows in Enigmatic Malaysia mishap
- First Time Filmmaker goes Vietnam
- Discovery taps Baidu for Chinese web push
- Discovery Channel mag ramps up
- Discovering Hip Korea
- Discovery makes executive promotions
- Discovery integrates in India and Asia
- Škoda bands with Discovery for green message