Cannes jury duty for Malaysian pair
- UM's Kumar to sit on Media jury
- BBDO/Proximity's Ng to sit on Direct jury
- Ng only Malaysian
Malaysia – Universal McCann CEO, Prashant Kumar and BBDO/Proximity chief creative officer, Ronald Ng are the only two members of Malaysia's advertising body who will sit on the jury at Cannes this year.
Kumar will sit on the Media jury while Ng, who is the only locally-born jury member at this year's festival, sits on the Direct jury.
And Ng says that Malaysia is at the forefront of international standards for creativity.
"We have raised the bar year on year in the last decade, and hopefully this will continue this year," he said.
Kumar, who was born in India but considers himself Malaysian, said he was "honoured to be part of the panel that distinguishes and recognises excellence in this industry."
"Media has evolved from being a single dimensional platform to a full 360 degrees tool, powerfully engaging audiences, building connections between the consumers and brands."
- Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival
- Universal McCann
Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival Related Stories:
- WPP says creativity counts
- Asia produces the goods at Cannes
- Asia prominent in Cannes Lions' juries list
- India puts on a poor showing at Cannes
- SG agencies shine in Outdoor at Cannes
- Grey, Ogilvy fly flag for Malaysia at Cannes
- Cannes Lions adds two jury presidents
- Leo Burnett’s Tutssel to head Cannes Juries
- Are lavish creative awards losing favour?
- Locals to judge at Cannes
- PR gets a chance at Cannes
- Young creatives bound for Cannes?
- Joshi named president of Cannes Lions Outdoor jury
- Microsoft renews cyber award sponsorship at Cannes
- Cannes sees increase in entry submission
- Honda receives Cannes accolade
- 2005 Cannes Lions sees marked entry increase