More Bang to Speak Mandarin
- Speak Mandarin appoints Bang
- 30th anniversary of campaign
- Focus on English-educated Singaporeans
Singapore - The Speak Mandarin Campaign 2009 has chosen TNBT's Bang Public Relations as its sole PR partner for the 30th anniversary of the Singapore campaign.
The Speak Mandarin Campaign was first launched in 1979 by the then Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, with the main objective of encouraging Singaporeans to speak Mandarin as a common language instead of using dialects.
Since 1991, the campaign has shifted its focus to encouraging English-educated Singaporeans to speak Mandarin more often.
"The Speak Mandarin Campaign is one of Singapore's most iconic and easily identifiable campaigns," Jessie Ho, managing director of Bang PR, said.
"It has touched, in one way or another, the lives of many Singaporeans over the last 30 years. We are very excited to be part of the Speak Mandarin Campaign and to play our role in this national effort. We will certainly uphold and promote the ideals of the campaign."
- BANG Public Relations
BANG Public Relations Related Stories:
- Bang PR & Ruder Finn add more biz
- Fulford extends ties with two clients
- CEVA, Harley Davidson name PR agencies
- RHB and Cold Stone Creamery make PR hires
- Bang PR names new head
- Bang bags GSK's Panaflex PR biz
- Bang nets two accounts
- Ogilvy PR’s Thomas shifts to SMG
- Bang PR adds Hitachi to its roster
- Simple goes online for product push
- Bang hired for Speak English
- Kao Singapore spruiks new product
- Citigems keeps it in the TNBT family, appoints Crush
- Cambert names Bang PR
- MDIS appoints Bang PR
- Reap keeps it Simple
- Fulford PR retains Lee Hwa account
- Bang bags Citigems
- Bang promotes Ho to MD
- Bang PR ups Koh