Me, Myself but not Irene for adidas
- First major marketing push for women
- Singapore execution has heavy digital focus
- Campaign coupled with sales efforts
Global - Adidas has launched its first major global campaign for women - "Me, Myself" - which celebrates their individuality and has a heavy digital focus for the Singapore market.
Created by TBWA and Carat, the campaign will run throughout the year. The campaign will launch its online execution, developed by Qais Consulting, in the coming weeks. Further details were not disclosed at an official launch today but it is known that Adidas' global website for women is due to launch soon.
Created around the theme of ‘Me-Time'- the time women have solely for themselves after work and daily household chores - the campaign showcases women during unguarded moments before or during a sport, and aims to establish a connection with the brand that is largely perceived to be focused on men.
The campaign conspicuously marks the absence of TVCs amongst various executions like events, retail, print and digital which Marcus Chew, senior manager of brand communications at adidas, said is an attempt to leverage more on digital platforms and engage with this segment of consumers which is growing.
Accompanied with the campaign are various local collaborative efforts aiming to drive up sales. For instance, with California Fitness, the sportswear brand will be organising a series of Adidas-branded gym classes in Singapore.
- Qais Consulting
Qais Consulting Related Stories:
- VML Qais promotes, Merc targets couples
- VML-Qais’ outlines expansion plans
- Y&R's VML acquires Qais
- Nexus appoints Qais Consulting
- Qais bags Mahindra's global digital biz
- Lessons from SIA: Go social or die
- NTUC Club & SATC appoint agencies
- Social buzz around The Social Network
- StanChart 'Breezes' through social media
- Newton leaves Qais as business realigns
- Business Manager, Qais Consulting
- Singapore agencies launch SoutheastAsia.org
- Facebook reveals The Ugly Truth
- Qais consulting rewards Newton, restructures
- Qais wins Informatics Education account
- Starcom Singapore boosts digital with new hire
- Qais Consulting to promote ViaSingapore.com
- Adidas women get selfish
- CAAS dons new online look
- WEB WATCH