P&G celebrates 20 years in China
Guangzhou - Consumer goods giant Procter & Gamble has rolled out an ad campaign to showcase its various brands that have become a part of the Chinese people's lives in the past 20 years.
The 20th anniversary campaign developed by Grey aims to build corporate goodwill among the Chinese in the country.
Linda Chan, regional planning director for Grey team P&G Greater China said the creative rationale for the campaign is, "To celebrate P&G brands improving and touching Chinese people's life during the last 20 years".
The theme of the 120 second TVC focuses on the first moments with P&G brands. The TVC features nine life vignettes in different settings between 1989 to 2008 in China.
Each brand was clearly featured with usage experience that resonates with memorable moments of people's life in different parts of China from top tier to secondary cities.
The nine vignettes comprised of first touch (Olay), first shave (Gillette), family picture (Crest), first home spa (Pantene), first expression (Pringles), first bike ride (Tide and Safeguard), first choice (Rejoice), first period (Whisper) and first steps (Pampers).
The TV spots are broadcast across 16 provinces and top tier cities that include a mix of national, provincial and city channels. The markets include Anhui, Beijing, Chongqing, Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, Hebei, Heilongjiang, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangsu, Liaoning, Shaanxi, Shanghai, Sichuan and Tianjin.
Out-of-home coverage include TV and LCDs across 24 cities, in-bus TV, in-store TV, in-taxi TV and mega LED.
Starcom is the media agency that handled media buying and planning for this campaign.
P&G established its first mainland joint venture in Guangzhou in 1988. The firm employs about 6,500 people in China and has invested over US$1 billion in the country.
According to media reports, the household products giant generates just under five percent of more than US$75 billion in revenue from China.
- Grey Worldwide
- Starcom Worldwide Hong Kong
- Procter and Gamble
Grey Worldwide Related Stories:
- Spatial Access reels in Madison’s Joshi
- Yong enters the LAB
- Adi Satria wraps up at Utusan Media
- Malaysia Airports calls for credentials
- HKTB gains from summer marketing push
- G2 Star Echo secures new projects
- Grey bags JP Morgan project
- Grey bags creatives biz for ESPN channels
- Grey Hong Kong snatches outdoor Gold Lion
- Grey wins Hutchison property project
- SHKF lifts clients' dreams with cranes
- Grey wins Yingda Life creative duties
- OSIM hands China business to Grey Group
- Grey lands Vanke's property project
- Grey Mumbai appoints ECD
- Asfour Crystal shines on China with Grey
- PrimeCredit to push professional image
- Trio wins for Grey’s G2 Star Echo
- Grey Group beefs up creative team
- The Link names Grey's Wba for activation