SUBSCRIBE: Free email newsletter

Marketing

Toggle

Article

Contract, deal, merger, acquisition

MyChinaChannel acquires Space Arena

Singapore-based Chinese content syndicator and aggregator, MyChinaChannel has acquired Space Arena the Singapore-based company organising the annual Visual Asia Expo.  MCC acquired a 80% stake in Space Arena from Thomas Ang, the CEO of Space Arena, with the remaining 20% retained by Ang.

Space Arena will continue to be managed by Ang and the existing team. The move is part of MCC’s on-going strategy to diversify into areas that are complementary to its existing business and in the process, build new revenue streams.

Founded in 2013 by Ang, who has over 25 years of experience in outdoor advertising, events and exhibitions, Space Arena has since evolved from a visual experience company to a forward-thinking company with a successful track record for identifying market gaps and conceptualising and producing signature events to address these gaps. Over the last several years, it has produced turnkey projects for clients through visual communications, cutting-edge display technologies and events management.

Space Arena produces two signature events in Singapore – Visual Asia Expo an event which received much success when it was launched in 2015 and will take place again this year; as well as The Singapore Bike Show, which will make its debut in August 2016.

Patrick Yong, CEO of MCC said, “Space Arena has curved out a strong reputation as an expert in conceptualising, producing and marketing innovative events. Like MCC, they too share similar vision in aggregating quality content to Singapore and also developing new formats to export beyond our shores.  We are definitely excited about the revenue growth potential that they bring to the table for MCC and very much look forward to the new partnership.”

 

Read More News

Trending

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.